Saturday, March 3, 2007

My weekly hunting haul

Went for a little game hunting before my little vacation (more on that later).

I picked up some nice stuff, most notably:

-80 gig hard drive for 10$. Nice secondary hard drive.

-Settlers of Catan for 4$. The game is band new !

-Some NES games to use as trade bait.

-Two PS1 games.

The best of it is that I finally received my package from Play-Asia. I finally got Last Hope, one of the last Dreamcast game ever (only 2 released after that, one of them bering release next week). What's funny about it is that it's a game developped in Germany, the text in the game is in English while the cover is in Japanese. Talk about multicultural...

I also got some big stylus for the DS. My GF loves them.

And on Thursday I got the biggest ever Maro Bros figures. It is freaking cool. My girlfriend found it at a local comic book store. She made me buy it... can't complain. It's 30cm tall and came with a small mushroom. The quality is really good.
I also came back home on Thursday with the Polio. Not the real sickness, just one of thoses giant microbes (http://www.giantmicrobes.com) I fint the giant microbes to be an interesting concept. While they are cute and cuddly (the common cold/Rhinovirus is so cute), each plush includes an info card on the sickness, which makes it educative. For now I have the Common Cold, the Sore Throat and the Polio.
It's always weird to tell someone that I got Polio recently. ..

2 comments:

Ben-Ohki said...

1) You feed did not update yet, so thanks for letting me know you had a new post!

2) Catan is a fun game. Needs lots of players tho. Let me know if you ever want to play - I'm not really good at it, but I won't have a learning curve.

3) According to scale (comparing him with his mushroom) that's not Mario, it's Super Mario! :)

4) I've seen the giantmicrobes before... I want the common cold - he's cute.

Roxy said...

Even though I love your Mario, I think you are crazy to have paid so much for it!!! :P
Although, it does look good on top of your wall unit! :) Sorry about dropping the mushroom, I though it was glued to his hand, I swear! :(