Saturday, February 24, 2007

Balls of fire

Played paintball yesterday...

It took me a whole day to post about this. Probably because I didn't know from where to start.

We had an amazing time. The playing field at PSI(http://www.paintstorm.ca/html/indoor.htm) is so much bigger and nicer than the one at Paintball Ottawa.

We had lunch at the St-Laurent Centre first. I was suprised that everybody came since I had the idea on Wednesday afternoon. Then we headed to the paintball place a little earlier than 6 o'clock. We had a good timing since we were the first group there.

The briefing was done by a guy nicknamed Big Dick (go figure). A 68 years old guy still playing paintball and ver friendly. We got our paintball marker, balls, jersey (we didn't have jersey at Ottawa Paintball). 2 young players were added to our group since they were alone (should have said to... man they were bad).

Even tho the team were created randomly, I found that we were pretty balanced. I think the total score was even.

Highlight of the game:
  • I got shot in the head. 4 times !
  • I killed Chris by bumping in the bunker he was hiding behind. Slided too fast and had to use the bunker to stop me...
  • Denis had to leave at 7:00. He gave me his balls (yeah !).
  • I almost won the 2 flags game. Got shot in the head...
  • Simon killed 3 peoples while his gun was acting up. His electric hopper was not feeding at all. It was fixed using a simple piece of cardboard.
  • Once again, I was unlucky enough to shoot a referee. At least he didn't thread to shoot me with his gun.

Now I'm really thinking of getting a paintball gun. I'm planning another game in a month-month and a half so we'll see then if I still want one.

And today I tried the new Sonic game for the Wii. Since I still didn't get my copy of the game, I'll review it later.

My knees still hurt... I don't even remember getting shot in the knees.

2 comments:

Ben-Ohki said...

Don't know about a gun, but I definitely want my own mask. If I'm going to smell like a man, at least I'll do so in my own equipment... ^_^;
We should shop around a bit. Chris bought his mask at the pro-shop but I suspect he over-paid...

Roxy said...

Ya Sonic rocks! You should definitly come back and play some violin with us and bring France next time! :D