Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I have a love/hate relationship with 3 days weekend...

I work compress hours. This means once every 2 week, I get a day off. Being the wierd guy that I am, I chose the Monday of the pay week. As the weekend arrives just before those fateful Mondays, I make some plans. I always plan something for the Monday...

Monday morning comes and I get off the bed around noon and do fricking nothing !

I've been planning to call this windows place to see how much it would cost me to cut a tempered glass panel to finally complete my second arcade cabinet. It's been almost a year ! I also got to finish my bathroom. At least, this one will wait until spring. I want to change the damn window before I complete everything.

At there's the eternal struggle to keep my computer/game room in order. I've been selling a lot on eBay recently so that helps. I can't believe how much old PC games can be worth something. I'm getting a new computer desk soon and I'm hoping it will help getting some spaces back in there.

Back to the Mondays . I do love having half of my Mondays off, even tho I do nothing, I'm not getting any stress either. What I hate the most is getting back to work on Tuesday. This is the day I want the most to stay in bed. Everytime...

BTW, just typing this post made me do many things : I checked my arcade cabinet to verify if the CPS-2 battery was not dead (pretty important if you ask me), put 2 new auctions on eBay and start preparing my stuff for my tax report.

I should post more often.

On the side note, my coworker Pat got a Nintendo Wii during his paternity leave. Way to go Pat !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with you, that waking up after a long weekend to go to work is always difficult.

I think working at early hours also doesn't help but then it must be nice to know that every two weeks you only work 4 days that week.

Ben-Ohki said...

I always wondered what it was like to work compressed... now that I know, I'm glad I don't do it. I would never come back to work on a Tuesday. :P