Wednesday, March 21, 2007

CCJVQ meet in Montreal (the joy of feeling complete)

Good thing I stayed at home on Friday night and slept like crazy (first time int he whole week I was sleeping correctly).

The drive to Montreal was insane ! So much snow on the road... almost lost control once. One big snow plow was moving the snow on the left side of the road, with the wind going to the right. For a good 10sec, I could not see a damn thing. Freaking nothing ! At least, I was able to pass it quickly.

Always nice to see a lot of good friends all at once. I can say I represent mostof the Outaouais capter of the CCJVQ. Through my 3years and a half of collecting, I established a good reputation in the club and am a well known member. It's always nice to see another member asking me a question of advice or hear someone says : "Weirdguy always find cool stuff in Ottawa". I do find a lot of cool stuff, it's true. I tend to stay away from buying video games on eBay as I never known when I'll get it locally.

I did get some pretty good stuff at the meet. Two faily rare Dreamcast games and a set of Rayman Raving Rabbids figures that was exclusive to Ubisoft employees. I you love those rabbits, you'll want those figures, you can bet on that. Also got some PS1 and NES games. And some other stuff I don't remember (it's amost been a week !).

But the real find was this really nice tamtam. My half brother makes them with his dad. They are made by hand, totally custom. You can request any color and size. They come with a price tag tho. This one is my birthday gift but I mgiht order him a bigger one next year (that I'll have to pay). Maybe something with a stand, like 3 foot high. I like the deep sound of those. I'll have to learn how to play too, there must be a technique for that, not just bashing the thing with your hands...

On a side note, I am ready for paintball ! Got my air tank during my sick week. Tested it with my friend Simon, who came to the same conclusion as me, the electronic board inside the gun is stuck in there really hard. Compared to his gun (same model), mine might be a little bit more trouble to clean. But I guess I'll have to live with it. I really like the look of the gun. Look mean with all the accessories. Since I'll be moving it a lot, I decided to get a bag for it. Got one for cheap at Wal-Mart tonight so I can finally store it somewhere safer than the top of my futon in the game room. I can't wait for next Friday !

Another thing that got completed is my hit and run on my car (see first post ever). My GF step father came and fixed it on Thursday. I can finally drive the damn thing. Still 8 month and it goes to the scrapyard... Can't wait for that too.

No comments: