Saturday, March 31, 2007

They call it pain(t)ball for a reason...

Played paintball yesterday and I got the bruises to prove it !

I could finally tried my gun yesterday. My brother in law was kind enough to wait at my home in the morning for our second Canadian Paintball order. We waited more than 2 weeks for it but finally got it. So I was able to try my new mask as well.

This paintball marker is so much better than a Tippman 98 ! But it cames with a price so for an amateur the Tippman is still good. Not everyone is willing to spend more than 600$ for paintball gear. For that I thank all the people that bought from me on eBay recently.

The only issue I had with my gun is that I had to clean it afterwards. When it's a rental gun, you don't really mind getting it dirty or having to clean the paint out of it, it's not yours ! So I spent around an hour and a half cleaning it. The paint get's really hard to clean so now it looks like my gun is dirty all the time. Sme of the paint got stuck on the gun itself. Not pretty. I have to find something to clean it !

But let's talk about the game !

We had a surprise when we arrived : They had changed the setting of the bunker. So it was like a total different game for us, which added to the fun. I was lucky to be with Simon and Ghislain again. This time we really tried to have a strategy and it paid off. At one point we had 5 or 6 consecutives winning streak. I got hit almost all over my body. I still feel a couple of the hits, especially the hand. Got it so hard it bled a little.

My brother in law was the only person that was not from work so he didn't know everybody. I'm really happy that he enjoyed himself anyway and wants to come the next time we go. He speaks only French so that was a little hard for him to communicate as a good part of his team was English. But he did great and he had a good time.

I'll post more pictures as I get every pictures that were taken yesterday. So I leave you with a great headshot Alexandre did on me:

1 comment:

Ben-Ohki said...

I decided I want my own marker too. But I'm cheap, so I'll probably buy a Tippman 98 (but ACT version; because the rental guns were bursting some of my balls while shooting!).

But yea, definitely want to continue playing!!