Saturday, March 3, 2007

Ouch, my feet...

So I was off for 2 days this week, Thursday and Friday to celebrate the 6 years I spent with my girlfriend. Just for the fact : we met on a March 14th, so technically it's not 6 yers yet.

We starded our day on Thursday by a litle breakfast at the restaurant La Fiesta. Quality of the meal was lower that what we were used too.

We followed that by a "little" walk on the Rideau Canal. By little I mean we walked from the Congress Centre to Bank Street. Since we both suck as skating, we walked the whole way. It's weird how the drive on Colonel By Drive seems so short in the morning when I go to work. Walking on the Canal makes everything look so different.

We did a little shopping after that, walking on Bank Street up to Wellington and back to the Congress Centre (wwhere the car was parked). That's where I got my Giant Microbe and the Mario figure. Not an easy thing to carry this for a couple of kilometers.

Then we went to the War Museum. It was my first time there. We got there at 3:45 and were told that the museum would be free at 4:00... Guess what we did ? Took a small lunch at the museum cafeteria while we waited. Got a free pizza piece since the guy would have thrown it
anyway.

The place is freaking huge ! So many things to see in there. And we only saw the permanent exhibition since the new one only started today :( But since we took almost 3 hours to visit, I don't feel like I got ripped of for my free entry. If you're ever coming to Ottawa, be sure to visit this one.

On Friday we visited another museum. The National Gallery of Ottawa (in french : Musée des Beaux Arts d'Ottawa). It was actally my idea of going there since I knew a new exhibition was starting that day. Some Ron Mueck works were showed, some for the first time in Canada. I strongly receommend at least checking the Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Mueck) about him. His works is truly unbelievable. The details of his work is so well done. Unfortunatly, as I know someone will ask, the "Boy" was not there, only a small version of it. Another link with many good pictures will help you understand what I'm talking about (http://www.crazyrussian.com/02/entry_1872.php).

I'm sure I walked close to 15 kilometers in these 2 days. But it was worth it since I spent two amazing days with my love.

No comments: