Tuesday, February 5, 2008

jPOD or Spot the Vinyl Figure game

I've been watching jPOD, based on the bestseller by Douglas Coupland, since it started on CBC.

I really like the series and I get a kick out of every scene in the pod itself. Why ? Because almost every podster desk has a couple of designer toys on it.

From the top of my head, I can recall seeing a 8" Fatcap, 2 or 3 8" Dunnys, a large Labbit and a couple ones I can't remember. Maybe a couple large Qees too.

I even saw 2 Pachinko machines. That was a weird sight. While they are commun on their side of the continent (west coast got all the mid-80's machine because they are so close to Japan), it's an unusual sight here (I saw a total of 2 in my life and I owned both).

These little things like that that I see in this show that makes me like it. Of course the story is good, but I get a little fuzzy feeling when I recognize an obscure/niche thing that I recognize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also spotted a black 2-D Gorillaz action figure on Cowboy's desk in one episode c: