Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's (was) my birthday !

I'm now in the second half of my 20's. Man, do I feel old...

For the first time since I moved in the Ottawa region, my mother had planned to come see me on my birthday. First time in 6 years that I was able to celebrate my birthday with my family. My girlfriend also took the whole weekend of to be with me. Now that's a nice gift !

I didn't get a lot of gifts this year, but at my age, I can buy myself the gifts I want :) I already had my tamtam in March when I picked it up at my sister place. My girlfriend got me a paintball jersey. Now I won't need to rent anything at PSI ! My sister got my a book of novel by Frank Herbert (author of Dune).

My mother arrived with my sister late on Friday night, right when I was about to leave the Lone Star with some friends. They all came to my house and we played some Wii games. Seeing my mother playing video games is one of the funniest thing ever. The folling day, we went for breakfast at La Fiesta (their breakfast are much better than any other place in Gatineau) and went for some shopping in Gatineau and Ottawa. Didn't get a lot of thing, except a basket and a cushion for the cat. She loves that thing now.

We bought all the stuff needed for supper and finally tried the cooking stone I got for France 3 years ago. I ate so much that we ate the dessert on Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, my mother insisted on doing some gardening in my backyard. So we went to Home Depot again to get some more plants and my sister wanted to get an A/C.

Long story short, it was a great weekend. I wish my birthday next year will be as fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again!!! And looks like you had a wonderful birthday...well birthdays are always special days best enjoyed in the company of near and dear ones!!

Marc-Élie Guay said...

yo dude you're so old now :D