Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What's up lately with me...

Well I haven't posted in a while I guess I was too busy or not motivated enough. Maybe both.

In the recent events:

- We played paintball on May 4th. That was quite a short game, due to a mix up in the reservation. Hard to believe someone can think that an expiry date of a credit card can still be 01/06...

On the plus side, I feel like I'm getting used to my marker. I had many good shot during that game, even tho our team was underpowered. We got our ass handed to ourselves on a plate on many occasions except the first game where we totally pwned the other team. Yeah, I said pwned, what are you gonna do ? Also, one again, I got shot on the fingers/hand. This is one of the worst place to get hit because the way the back of my hand is exposed, it's the only place where the ball shell get in my skin. This caused me to bleed a little a couple of times.

This is maybe what convinced me of getting a pair of gloves in the current Canadian Paintball order. The fact that I have an almost full bag of unused balls also prompted me to add 3 pods to the order. I don't really want the cat to take any interest in the bag, that could be a real disaster.

- The day after paintball, I got my first tan of the year. My girlfriend had decided that this year, our front and back yard would look good and we would enjoy it. Even tho I went to bed at 2:30 in the morning, I was at Home Depot at 9:30. Got some plants, a nice tree, fertlizer, a BBQ and a bunch of other things. Home Depot had a special that weekend where any purchase over 450$ could be paid in 12 months instead of 6. I also had a 10% off coupon so it was the right time to get everything.

Assembling a BBQ by yourself is one the most hard thing I ever done in my life. As hard as installing a bath (no wonder a plumber ask 1500$ to install a bath). But the result was satisfying. I used it 4 times since then and I'm not sure how I lived without it.

The front yard now look good too and as soon as the plants get bigger, it will look even better. The tree adds a nice touch to it, I just hope it will survive the next winter.

I'll take a couple of pictures and post them soon.

No comments: